1/1 Photo of Super Bowl Nachos
Hey Jude's Note:
My favorite team will probably not be in the Superbowl but we'll enjoy these nachos none-the-less. The garnishes listed are just a suggestion, use your imagination! Obviously, beer is the best beverage to go along with this treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups tortilla chips, home-made or store bought
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed (or use 1 lb. ground beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- liquid red pepper seasoning (Tabasco)
- 1 (1 -2 lb) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 -3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 -3 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared green taco sauce or 3/4 cup red taco sauce
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely mashed (garnish)
- 1 cup sour cream (garnish)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (garnish)
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives (garnish)
- 1 mild red pickled pepper (garnish)
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
- 1Crumble beef and sausage into a wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring to break up meat, until meat is lightly browned.
- 2Spoon off fat; season to taste with salt and hot pepper seasoning.
- 3Spread beans in a shallow 10x15-inch baking pan or oven proof dish.
- 4Top evenly with meat mixture, sprinkle with chiles and cheese, then drizzle with taco sauce.
- 5Bake, uncovered, in a 400° oven for 20-25 minutes or until very hot throughout.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare garnishes of your choice.
- 7Remove pan from oven and quickly garnish, mounding avocado and sour cream in the center, and adding other garnishes as desired.
- 8Quickly tuck tortilla chips around edges of bean mixture and serve immediately.
- 9If desired, keep platter hot on an electric warming tray.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Bowl Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.9
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 798.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green taco sauce