Recipe by Aimee67
I get a ton of requests for this sandwich, particularly at Superbowl time. I think the key is the fresh ingredients and using a really good Italian dressing (or a homemade vinaigrette).
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
This is the perfect sandwich for watching Alabama football. This is a great combination of meats. I also love the addition of the fresh basil and mozzarella. I did add some slice tomatoes, onions and shredded lettuce which made the sandwich even better. Thanks for such an easy tasty recipe. Made for FAll PAC 2008.
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 1⁄8 lb sweet capicola
- 1⁄8 lb mortadella
- 1⁄8 lb genoa salami
- 1⁄8 lb ham
- fresh basil leaf
- fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Dig out excess bread in the center so that each half resembles a shallow "canoe".
- Drizzle the bread with Italian salad dressing.
- Layer the ingredients on the bread as desired.
- Cut the finished sandwich into 1 1/2 inch slices and enjoy!