Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for the Superbowl. A Recipe from "The Little Mountain Bean Bible Cookbook" tweeked a bit.
- 8 ounces green beans
- 5 green onions with tops (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (diced the size of the corn)
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn (frozen or can drained)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- black pepper
- Cut beans in rounds the size of corn; cook with 1/4 teaspoon salt about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Saute green onions and red pepper in butter until transparent (do not brown).
- Add corn, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, celery salt and sugar, then beans.
- Simmer succotash, covered, for about 10 minutes.
This recipe was good. I used fresh corn cut off the ear because i dont like frozen or canned veggies. I used 3tbsp of butter vs the 1 and 3/4 tbsp butter. Everything was done to the recipe and it was a hit! will definately make again
I like this. I think that next time I might try to use fresh corn like another reviewer.
This was very tasty. I didn't put in green onions, but put in everything else. The green beans I only cooked for 5 minutes and they were perfectly crisp. The melding of flavors was perfect. I just kept eating it, ignoring other food on my plate. Great recipe!