Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe was created out of experiment and "cleaning out" the refrigerator. Me and my husband made this together on Superbowl Sunday and put it in the crockpot to cook all day. It turned out very tasty and became a new recipe for us. I hope you will enjoy it too!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb mild sausage (I used Bob Evans)
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage (I used Bob Evans)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water (used the tomato sauce can and filled 1/2 full so I could get all the sauce out)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the meat together with the onion in a skillet. Drain and rinse.
- Put into crockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Let cook on high for 4 hours and then turn to low to keep warm until serving time.