Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I found this wonderful recipe on another site and then modified it a little. There were two recipes there and I chose this one to make because I prefer chopped nuts on a cheese ball. It is so pretty and great for the Super Bowl.
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a fantastic cheeseball recipe! It was so much fun to make and looked and tasted so great! The onion and bell pepper (I used a red one) go great with the cream cheese and cheese and the pecans add a lovely crunch and nutty flavour.
I left out the mayonnaise as I didnt have any on hand, but that didnt really make much of a difference. The ball was easy to shape and tasted mmm moreish.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this fun recipe with us, Mimi!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 thin strips sweet red peppers (for the lacing)
- assorted cracker