Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips (3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (21 ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips, and the coconut;mix well and set aside.
- Place the brownie batter in a large bowl.
- Stir in half of the chip mixture and pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining chip mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
Oooh, so rich !! Definitely serve with milk :) I made an 8 x 8 pan, but still used the same amount of 1/2 c. ingredients. Set up beautifully.
Excellent! I made these for the Zaar Tailgate Potluck. I'm a purist when it comes to chocolate but I have to admit the butterscotch chips intensified the chocolate while adding unique flavor to the brownies. I loved the chewy texture of the coconut. I made the recipe as directed with a Duncan Hines mix. This is a delightful and easy to make version of the usual brownies.