Recipe by SpringShoot
This wonderful coffee cake is loaded with blueberries and is both delicious and low fat! What could be better?
Top Review by senseicheryl
I made this cake for Father's Day today, 6/15/2008. It looks absolutely delicious and we can't wait to try it tonight. Thanks for the fun and easy recipe to use up some much loved blueberries! Just one little note, my cook time was exactly 50 minutes. P. S. Well, the cake was a hit! Thanks again!
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 709.77 ml fresh blueberries
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 or 9" square glass baking dish.
- Melt butter and let cool.
- Wash and drain blueberries; set out to dry on paper towels.
- Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Put melted butter in a separate bowl and add to butter the milk, sugar, and egg substitute; whisk to blend well.
- Add butter mixture to the flour mixture, stirring to blend well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- Mix sugar and ground nutmeg; sprinkle over batter
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the dish on a wire rack to cool at least 30 minutes before serving.