1/2 Photos of Super Blueberry Coffee Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This wonderful coffee cake is loaded with blueberries and is both delicious and low fat! What could be better?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease an 8 or 9" square glass baking dish.
- 3Melt butter and let cool.
- 4Wash and drain blueberries; set out to dry on paper towels.
- 5Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl, mixing well.
- 6Put melted butter in a separate bowl and add to butter the milk, sugar, and egg substitute; whisk to blend well.
- 7Add butter mixture to the flour mixture, stirring to blend well.
- 8Fold in blueberries.
- 9Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- 10Mix sugar and ground nutmeg; sprinkle over batter
- 11Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 12Place the dish on a wire rack to cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Blueberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 268.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g