Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I must admit, I was a bit hesitant about the broccoli, but it's true- you don't even know it's there. I steamed the broccoli in the microwave and then mixed everything in the blender, using Greek yogurt and the optional honey. Very delicious (and nutritious). Thanks for posting this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄3 cup soy yogurt (plain and unsweetened- or you could try vanilla)
- 1 large banana, very ripe
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional) or 1 tablespoon other liquid sweetener (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli till bright green and softened, in a small pot with about 1/4 cup water.
- IF you have an immersion blender, you can then simply toss the other ingredients in the pot, blend in there, and ta-da, your smoothie's made! Or you can transfer the broccoli and the rest to a blender or food processor.
- Be sure to blend very well, especially if trying to hide veggies from children- and in that case, probably a good idea to use a sweeter yogurt or add the honey. However, it's entirely optional.
- Note: For the soy yogurt, I use homemade tofu sour cream- just soft tofu blended with lemon juice to taste and a pinch of salt.