Recipe by Meghann
I just kinda whipped this up in the kitchen the other day - really simple and nice and local/lowfat!
Top Review by mikeswife
This was great! The only changes I made was that I fried my rice first the way my SIL taught me to do and I didn't add corn just because I'm out. I also added a 1/2 can of tomatoes and didn't add green pepper just because we don't like it. This was so easy and so tasty and will make a great side to my chicken enchilada pie that I made at the same time. Thanks!
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- When done, allow to sit and begin sauteeing the onion and pepper in some garlic and cooking spray.
- I used PAM, but if you want to go with butter, go right ahead!
- Cook the onion and pepper until done, add the black beans, corn and salsa, cook for about 2 minutes or so.
- Add the cumin for flavoring (salt and pepper to your liking, as well!) and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the cooked rice and stir everything together.
- I eat this on tortillas, by itself, on salads, on crackers-- possibilities are endless!
- If bland, add some more cumin or salsa when you eat.