Recipe by VickyJ
This easy and is all cooked in the same skillet. It is very flavorful and great on your cooked pasta of choice.
Top Review by J-Lynn
I give this 5 stars because the flavor is really good! But I find it just IMPOSSIBLE to get steak tender when cooked this way. It was so tough; and I didn't even cook it as long as specified; I browned the steak, leaving pink in the center of the chunks, then removed from pan for the rest of cooking.
- 1 lb sliced sirloin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small diced onion
- 15 sliced mushrooms (about)
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onion and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Combine water with soup mix and pour in the skillet with beef and simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Add peas/onions and salt-n-pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low-med heat for 10 minute.
- Serve over 2 cups cooked pasta of choice.