This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and have ready for a late supper after the game or a midnight supper when teens demand food.
- 170.09 g uncooked spaghetti
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g sausage
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml seasoned pepper
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is still warm, stir in parmesan cheese, egg, and margarine in a large bowl.
- Pour into well greased 10 inch pie plate and pat mixture up and around sides with a spoon to form a crust.
- Spoon cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- In a skillet, brown ground meat, sausage, and onion, then drain off fat and add tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture over the cottage cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella on top and return to oven just until cheese melts.