Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and have ready for a late supper after the game or a midnight supper when teens demand food.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is still warm, stir in parmesan cheese, egg, and margarine in a large bowl.
- Pour into well greased 10 inch pie plate and pat mixture up and around sides with a spoon to form a crust.
- Spoon cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- In a skillet, brown ground meat, sausage, and onion, then drain off fat and add tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture over the cottage cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella on top and return to oven just until cheese melts.
This was very good and so easy to put together. I added some basil and red pepper flakes to the meat mixture and only 1 tsp of splenda because we don't like it too sweet. As other did I also used extra cheeses. I'll make this one again. Thanks for sharing. Made for WTTM Tag Game :)
This humble spaghetti pie has made it into my Best of 2010 list, it was wonderful! How can a home-made fast food style meal taste so naughty! It tasted like a fat laden pizza or lasgane, and yet it was lower in fat and made with GREAT ingredients. I used low fat cottage cheese and olive oil in place of margarine, I also dry fried my lean 95% meat beef and low fat sausages, then drained the scant amount of fat off. The spaghetti crust held and made a great pie crust and the taste was sublime, a REAL home-cooked and hearty meal, a keeper for us! I will be making this for a pot luck meal next week, but bigger, will let you know how the larger version turns out. Made for Recipe Swap #41, Magic of herbs, in the Photo's Forum - I used FRESH oregano leaves and also Under Cover - Pies and Tarts in the Photo's Forum. 10 star, merci! FT:-)
Yahoooo. great dish. I made this for an RV rally (one neighbor came back for thirds!!!) rave reviews and NO leftovers. I added a few leftover whole tomatoes ( my sauce was a bit dry) and of coase added more cheese (just the way I am) Made for Star tag and so glad I did.. added to my favorites ASAP.