This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and have ready for a late supper after the game or a midnight supper when teens demand food.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is still warm, stir in parmesan cheese, egg, and margarine in a large bowl.
- Pour into well greased 10 inch pie plate and pat mixture up and around sides with a spoon to form a crust.
- Spoon cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- In a skillet, brown ground meat, sausage, and onion, then drain off fat and add tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture over the cottage cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella on top and return to oven just until cheese melts.