- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, cooked, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese dinner with milk and butter according to package directions.
- Remove and set aside 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce for later use.
- Combine prepared mac and cheese, two-thirds of the meat, the remaining pizza sauce, egg and seasonings.
- SPOON evenly into 9-inch pie plate. Top with the remaining meat and reserved 1/4 cup pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- BAKE 15 minute Let stand 5 minute before serving.