Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super Awesome Healthy Vegan Breakfast Banana Muffins Or for short “Breakfast Banana Muffins” - A mix of a variety of banana muffin recipes tailored to be moist, yummy and healthy! A prefect breakfast treat! (Yields approx. 24 muffins)
- 4 super ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and get pans ready.
- 2. Mash bananas really good, in a medium size bowl.
- 3. Add apple sauce, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg; mix well.
- 4. In a larger bowl mix the flours, bran, meal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 5. Now add the banana mixture to the flour mixture. (Try not to over mix, just get flour mixture wet - if too dry add a little more apple sauce).
- 6. Once all is wet, fold in the yummy additions- pecans, flax seeds, and raisins (or any others you may like).
- 7. Now spoon in large amounts into the muffin pan (each almost to the rim) and bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are slightly brown on top.
- 8. Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy with your favorite smoothie, tea or take a few for on the go!