1/4 Photos of Super Awesome Baked Beans
Everywhere I have taken this dish, it's all people talk about! It's the only way I do baked beans anymore! When it's just DH and I, I use only 1 can and 2 quart dish. I hope the measurements are right...I always just eyeball everything! I don't like my baked beans as sweet as most people, so feel free to add more brown sugar to taste! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans, drained (i buy bush's)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1 1/3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a bowl, combine HALF of the chopped BACON and the french fried onions. Set aside.
- 2In a greased 13x9 casserole dish, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. (Taste mixture -- you might want more brown sugar or salt/pepper).
- 3Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle french fried onion and bacon mixture all over beans. Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Awesome Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1476.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions