Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Garlic and soy flavour these delightful and simple to make bagel chips. Delicious as a stand alone snack or served with your favourite dip. Recipe adapted from one found in a recipe booklet put out by a soy sauce company. :)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 bagels, plain
- Blend soy sauce, oil, garlic, sugar and 2 tablespoons water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cut 3 bagels crosswise in half into semi-circles; lay on cut edge and cut into 7 or 8 thin slices.
- Brush both sides of slices lightly and evenly with soy sauce mixture, stirring mixture frequently. Place slices, in single layer, on large baking sheet.
- Bake in 250ºF. oven 45 minutes.
- Remove chips to wire racks; cool completely. Store chips in well-sealed plastic bags.