Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Home on a snow day looking at the over ripe bananas and leftover almond filling that I was going to use in christmas cookies. Decided to play and throw some ingredients together. A bit over the holiday's cookies and trying to get back into my gluten free/limited grain diet but craving bread led me to putting this recipe together!
- 2 1⁄4 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 bananas (mashed and VERY ripe)
- 12 1⁄2 ounces almond filling (SOLO brand is what I used)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (plus extra to grease the pan)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can adjust to your preference)
- Mix first 3 dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a food processor, place the remaining ingredients and mix well (eggs, banana, honey, almond filling, cinnamon, coconut oil).
- Once mixed well, add in (pulse) the dry mixture.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and then pour the batter inches
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. (Time may need to be adjusted, I started with 50 minutes and checked every 5 mins or so until a toothpick came out clean/dry from the center of the loaf.).