Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on a Western Family brand cream cheese box. It is different from most spinach dips and soooo good.
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups taco blend cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Tabasco sauce
- .In large skillet, saute onions in oil till softened.Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients to skillet and blend together.
- Pour into shallow 9 inch baking dish and bake till bubbly and lightly browned.30-40 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: I used an 8 ounce box of frozen, chopped spinach and pressed out as much liquid as possible. Also, the recipe did not specify oven temperature so I made it 375 degrees. Guess it would depend on your oven.