Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
After dismembering a fresh chicken, I usually cook the carcass and use the cooked carcass meat in a pasta dish with whatever is on hand. These pastas are never the same and varies from so-so to excellent. I think this is one of the better outcomes. When cold, a 50/50 mix of this pasta dish and the Broccoli Salad Broccoli Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing makes an excellent pasta salad.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons hot & spicy chutney
- 1 (2 ounce) packet cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 500 g pasta, of your chice (I prefer penne)
- Mix chicken soup and milk to a sludge.
- Cook pasta to your taste.
- Meanwhile, bring cooked chicken and chicken stock to a boil.
- Lower heat and add chutney.
- Add chicken soup sludge while constantly stirring to thicken sauce.
- Simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta, add to chicken sauce and serve.
A very easy dish! I didnt have any cooked chicken, so sauteed a chopped up chicken breast, and since I was doing that anyway, I added a sliced onion and some sliced mushrooms. The chutney is innovative, and really nice, my husband particularly enjoyed this dish!!! Very filling, too. Used fresh mint to garnish since I have loads of it in the garden, but it actually went quite nicely with the dish. Thanks GT, nice supper dish, made for PAC Fall 2012