1/3 Photos of Sunsweet's Fudgy Chocolate Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Putting this hart healthy cake here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) bag pitted prunes, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance light butter spread, softened
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- raspberry jam, melted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Bring prunes and water to a boil in a small saucepan; heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is very thick and liquid has been absorbed; let cool.
- 3Spray a 9 inch springform pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray then coat with 2 tablespoons sugar, shaking out excess.
- 4Beat together remaining sugar, butter spread, milk, extract, egg whites and prunes in a medium bowl for 3 minutes on high speed with an electric mixter.
- 5Beat in dry ingredients on low speed, then beat for a few minutes on high to make a light batter.
- 6Spread in prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7To serve, drizzle slices with melted raspberry jam.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunsweet's Fudgy Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 192.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: