Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy, delicious and refreshing dessert! The time listed for cooking is actually the time needed to partially thaw the pound cake and the 2-hour time for chilling the parfaits.
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1⁄3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate (from frozen section)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 3⁄4 ounces frozen pound cake (such as Sara Lee)
- Let poundcake partially thaw in refrigerator before starting recipe.
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups vanilla pudding that you have prepared (or pre-made vanilla pudding from the market) and 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate. In another bowl, whip 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 teaspoon sugar until soft peaks form.
- Cut half of the partially thawed pound cake into 1/2-inch cubes. (Save the other half for snacks, etc.).
- In four 8-ounce parfait glasses, layer cake, pudding and cream; repeat. Chill around 2 hours before serving (time depends on temperature of your refrigerator - - you want the pound cake to be fully thawed.).
I made this according to directions, but added 2 tbsp Grand Marnier to the cream. I just was not that impressed with the flavors and it also seemed a little soupy, which may have been because of the liquor. Thanks for sharing though.