Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Delicious over mixed greens with Feta cheese or break up chunks of French bread with olives, red onion and cucumber or serve over linguini. Very refreshing!
- 8 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, put through press
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil, slivered
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lots pepper
- Put all ingredients into a glass bowl or jar.
- Cover tightly and set it in the sun for 4-5 hours.
- Keep in the refrigerator but serve at room temperature.
We really enjoyed this dressing, and would give it 4 1/2 stars. I left it in the sun, as directed, and am glad I did because it gave the tomatoes a nice juicy texture, and a really nice flavor. I made this for PAC 2010
Excellent use of fresh tomatoes. I left the "dressing" on the counter but did not set it in the sun. We also tried it made with white wine vinegar. Both dressings had great flavor but the wine vinegar dressing was more attractively colorful. We enjoyed it on recipe #363077.