Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The dressing is outta this world good. Very refreshing salad.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 16 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- For the dressing: In a small, blend yogurt, orange juice and sugar; chill for a few hours to blend flavors.
- At serving time combine iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach, caullflowerettes and mandarin segments; toss lightly. Pour dressing over salad and toss, sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top and serve.
This is a very good salad! Used some juice from the mandarin oranges as I didn't have any o.j. and it turned out great. I used the cauliflower and it was good, but will probably leave it out next time, as usually do not have it on hand. Don't think it would be missed that much. We will enjoy this often. Thanks for sharing.
We loved this, I took it to a church function and of course everyone wanted the recipe and I didn't have it with me. Thanks Dragon!
This was good, my daughter loved it. The dressing tastes a lot like an orange smoothie. I thought it needed just a bit more "bite". Might try it with lime juice next time, because I do like using the yogurt instead of mayo for the base. Thanks for posting.