Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There is an amazing sandwich shop in New York, Buon Appetite, that makes pretty much anything you can dream up. After moving to Florida, my family and I went to the shop and created a sandwich that was dubbed the Sunshine State Sandwich in honor of us.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 inch) submarine rolls
- 1⁄4 cup arugula
- 6 pitted kalamata olives
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke heart
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 dash olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill the chicken.
- Slice the olives, tomatoes, and artichokes.
- Place the chicken breasts on the roll and layer all of the ingredients.
- Cut the sandwich and half and share with a friend, if you can resist eating it yourself!
Really good sandwich. I subbed goat cheese for the mozzarella and put more veggies on the sandwich. I think it would be equally good without the meat.