Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Orange muffins from the Sunshine State!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
Very tasty muffins! They were moist and flavourful. Didn't add walnuts but would add maybe some chocolate chips next time. Used half margarine, half low-fat sour cream. Thanks Lvs2Cook!