Got a huge yellow squash from a friend.This was the result of some of it. Also had some left to freeze. Soup also freezes well. Serve hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups grated yellow squash
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 quart vegetable broth or 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 dash hot sauce, if desired
- 1In a soup pot melt margerine.
- 2Add squash, onion, celery, garlic.
- 3Saute until onion is golden.
- 4Allow to cool slightly.
- 5Add broth,rosemary& black pepper.
- 6Cook until all veggies are tender.
- 8Place soup in blender& puree till smooth.
- 9Pour soup back in pot& heat till warmed (or serve cold or at room temp).
- 10Place soup in bowls, swirl in 1/4 cup yogurt in each bowl.
- 11Add hot sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Soup
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 109.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: