Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got a huge yellow squash from a friend.This was the result of some of it. Also had some left to freeze. Soup also freezes well. Serve hot or cold.
- 2 cups grated yellow squash
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 quart vegetable broth or 1 quart chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 dash hot sauce, if desired
- In a soup pot melt margerine.
- Add squash, onion, celery, garlic.
- Saute until onion is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add broth,rosemary& black pepper.
- Cook until all veggies are tender.
- Place soup in blender& puree till smooth.
- Pour soup back in pot& heat till warmed (or serve cold or at room temp).
- Place soup in bowls, swirl in 1/4 cup yogurt in each bowl.
- Add hot sauce if desired.