Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a very refreshing sorbet, perfect as the ending for a summer meal or BBQ. Originally from a May 1984 issue of Bon Apetit that featured a Mexican Dinner for 8 menu and recipes.Freezing time not included in prep time.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice, strained
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar and water in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar disolves, swirling pan occasionally.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil; remove from heat and cool.
- Blend grapefruit juice, tequila and grenadine with about 1 1/3 cups syrup (amount will vary depending on sweetness of grapefruit juice).
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Turn into airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.