Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I was looking through an old recipe box and found this. My mom gave this to me in the mid 70's right after I got married. The only cooking so to speak is boiling the water. Cook time is chill time. I'm going to say 6 on the servings, but I'm not really sure how much this makes.
- 1 (4 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream (already whipped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Combine Jello and water; stir until Jello is dissolved.
- Add marshmallows.
- Add nuts, whipped cream, and pineapple.
- Fold in salad dressing and cottage cheese.
- Chill overnight.
This turned out to be more of a surprise then I expected. At first, I did not think this would ever gel, it seemed so wet. Secondly, I made it for some college students and did't plan on having any because I though it would be too sweet. Well, I was wrong on both counts! Set up beautfully and was not overly sweet. Looked quite pretty also. Although I served this with other salads, most took it as a dessert.