Recipe by Barb G.
A Citrus taste, combined with almonds, celery, and onions- but no added salt- make this side dish a new classic. Try this heart healthy recipe with fish. The recipe comes from HeartHealth.com.
Top Review by TooAllergic
We are citrus "Fanatic"s! I thought the flavor was perfect. Having so much celery and onion with less rice made the dish unique and very satisfying. We used Jasmine rice (since the recipe called for long-grain white rice) but next time we will make it with brown rice. We served curried salmon with this rice and all of the flavors held up nicely against the coconut and spices. A+
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups celery, finely chopped,with leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan; add celery and onions and saute until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add water, juices, and hot sauce; bring to a boil; stir in rice and bring back to boil, let stand covered until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in almonds,Serve immediately.