1/1 Photo of Sunshine Pasta Salad
I cannot remember where I found this recipe but this is one of the first pasta salads I made after moving out on my own and my Mom gave me rave reviews. I use asparagus in the spring when it is fresh and the broccoli when I cannot find nice fresh asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (reserve juice)
- 4 cups cooked pasta, twisted noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets (or asparagus tips see note at bottom of instructions)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- 2Combine all salad ingredients together in large salad bowl.
- 3For dressing - Combine all ingredients together and whisk together well.
- 4Toss salad with the dressing and make sure the salad is well-coated.
- 5Chill for 1-2 hours prior to serving for best results.
- 6Note: When using the asparagus tips, it is best to blanch them approximately 2 minutes in a steamer prior to combining with the salad.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g