Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 large oranges
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 bottle vegan dry red wine, of choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup white grape juice or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄2 cup other orange flavored liqueur
- Begin by thinly slicing one of the oranges, cut the slices in half, and set aside to be used as garnishes.
- Slice the remaining orange in half, cut one half into thin slices, and set aside for later use.
- Carefully remove the outer peel from the remaining half of the orange and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and mash it into the orange peel to help release the flavorful oils from the peel.
- Add the wine, orange juice, white grape juice, and Cointreau, and stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more to allow the flavors to blend.
- Remove the orange peel and discard it.
- Transfer the mixture to a large pitcher and add the reserved whole slices of orange.
- Serve in tall ice-filled glasses and garnish each with a half slice of orange.