1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Spray a 6 cup decorative or plain tube pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3Dust with flour.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, orange juice and grated orange peel.
- 7Mix well.
- 8In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, oil, and egg yolk until crumbs form.
- 9Stir in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 10In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 11Beat in remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- 12Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- 13Pour into prepared pan.
- 14Bake until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 15Place on a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- 16Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- 17Sprinkle with confectioners sugar; garnish with orange peel strips.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 169.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g