Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a no-bake pie that is light, tart, and delicious, sort of an orange cream cheese mousse. It's great as a summer dessert topped with some whipped cream. At the end of the directions you'll find suggestions for other fruit variations. I found the recipe on a box of knox gelatin.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup heavy cream, heated to boiling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- Pour the cold water into a blender and sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add the hot cream and process at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, juice concentrate, sugar and vanilla; process until blended.
- Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Pour into crust and chill until firm.
- Garnish with slices of orange, lime, or other fresh fruit.
- (If you take a slice of fruit and make a cut in it from the center to the outside, you can then twist it to make a pretty garnish.) NOTE: Instead of orange, you can make this with frozen lemonaide, limeaide, tangerine juice, frozen pina colada mix, strawberry concentrate, etc.
- If you do use a sweetened concentrate like lemonaide, cut the added confectioner's sugar in half.