Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Quaker. I love the touch of orange in this one.
- 2 cups Quaker Oats (Quick or Old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup diced dried mixed fruit (about 3 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients except dried fruit in large bowl; mix well. Spread evenly in 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once after 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Stir in dried fruit. Store tightly covered up to 5 days.
Quite delicious!This would bring a little ray of sunshine into the gloomiest of days.I used apricots,sultanas and raisins in mine.The orange flavour really lifts it and brings it to life. A very tasy and easy way to start the day.I'm keeping this one Mandy,thank you! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Really good granola- and the hint of orangey aroma is divine! I used cranberries which are very nice, plus golden raisins, apricots, & currants. I halved the honey, and should perhaps have reduced the bitter orange peel a bit, but it makes no difference, I'll highly enjoy this!
Started off with the wrong oats... bought quick instead of regular... but liked how it turned out! ;) Added some apricots as dried fruits. Baked for about 20 minutes at 300F. Simple and tasty granola! Thanks Mandy! Made for tag. :)