Recipe by grandma2969
makes 12 miniature muffins..just right for breakfast or a brunch..
Top Review by Take a Letter Maria
These were great,I made them for my son's Christmas breakfast at school along with mini choc. chip muffins and these were the winning recipe. I am the first to review this and I made some changes. I added 3/4 cup sugar to the batter instead of 1/2 cup and added 1 t. of vanilla, also I reduced the nutmeg to 1/4t. and added 1/4t. of cinnamon. I only needed about 1/4c. of melted butter to dip the tops of the muffins in. I made about 48 mini muffins in my pampered chef mini muffin pan. Thank you for the great recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- beat softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar together till well blended.
- beat in egg.
- in a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and nutmeg.stir flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with milk.blend thoroughly.
- pour batter into 1 1/2" miniature muffin tins.2/3 full.
- bake at 375* 20 minutes.
- remove from pans.
- in bowl combine remaining sugar, cinnamon mix.
- set aside.
- while still hot, dip each muffin entirely into melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- makes 12 muffins.