Recipe by Trixie735
Easy lemon pound/bundt cake. This is the cake portion of the McCormick lemon sunshine cake. Theirs calls for a sugar glaze in & on the cake - we found it better without anything on it. What I can say is that this is EASY, very inexpensive, and great in flavor. It's 1 bowl -- no mixing this & mixing that -- simple but BIG result. I make this all the time; to tell you how quick & easy - I made one last nite starting at 6:30 pm and my DH enjoyed a nice slice at 8:30 pm!
Top Review by CarrolJ
This is a light as a feather pound cake. It is the lightest in texture pound cake I have ever tasted. I didn't have any lemon extract so used the 'real thing' instead. (zest from one lemon and equivalent teaspoons of fresh lemon juice instead). We really like the taste of lemon glaze over our lemon cakes...but for those who prefer not...this is a nice alternative. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or canola)
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325; generously spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray/baking spray; set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Can be sliced warm but also cools very quickly.