Recipe by Monica Lin
The sun has shone on this fruit granola. From the tree to the drying mats straight to your morning table. Apricots, dates & lemon, create a citrus taste that shines though in this granola.
- 12 cups rolled oats, grain mix
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup golden flax seed
- 5 cups dried apricots (chopped)
- 3 cups pecans (roughly chopped)
- 3 cups dates, dried & rolled
- 2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds (hulled)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups all natural pure honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons mace
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F and you will need 3-4 glass baking dishes approximately 9x13-inches.
- Using an extra large roasting pan combine the first 9 ingredients. making sure that all the fruit in coated with the flour; set aside.
- Using a large glass mixing bowl combine the next 8 ingredients. Whisking until it becomes emulsified & cloudy appearance.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix throughly, this will take about 10 minutes to incorporate well.
- Divide into the baking dishes, making sure not to add more than 1" deep in any pan. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes (bottom to top of dishes), rotating the pans on the lower rack to the upper rack as well.
- Remove from oven stirring once again and let cool completely in pans.