Recipe by Monica in PA
My Mom came across this delicious recipe years ago and was a family favorite. It can be doubled or tripled for extra servings to freeze. You may use any type of rice. Brown rice may need more liquid.
Top Review by plparks
This was excitingly different! Very great tasting recipe! I added raisins and can probably add cranberries also for a slight change to this! Wonderfully good~! Our 4 yr. old Daughter liked it also!
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 skinless chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup rice (I use brown rice for optimal nutrition)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon sucanat
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine curry powder with 1/2 tsp. of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle/rub this mixture onto chicken.
- In skillet, combine juice, rice, water, sugar, mustard and rest of salt.
- Arrange chicken over this mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- You may add more curry for desired spice.