Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Mom came across this delicious recipe years ago and was a family favorite. It can be doubled or tripled for extra servings to freeze. You may use any type of rice. Brown rice may need more liquid.
- Combine curry powder with 1/2 tsp. of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle/rub this mixture onto chicken.
- In skillet, combine juice, rice, water, sugar, mustard and rest of salt.
- Arrange chicken over this mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- You may add more curry for desired spice.
This was excitingly different! Very great tasting recipe! I added raisins and can probably add cranberries also for a slight change to this! Wonderfully good~! Our 4 yr. old Daughter liked it also!
This is a GREAT recipe! I made it for supper last night and my husband and I both loved it. I used three chicken breasts instead of six; I think using six would require a little more rice and perhaps more of the spice mixture. Also, I had to increase the cooking time by 15 to 20 minutes in order to bring the rice to the right consistency. Otherwise, PERFECT recipe. It is already a favorite of ours!
we really liked this recipe. thanks for the great food!