Recipe by HeidiRenee
My girlfriend Stephanie from British Columbia's Sunshine Coast gave this recipe to me. I'm posting it here so I can get the carb count for my diabetic son. Enjoy!
Top Review by nice&spicy
I had no sunflower oil and subbed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I also added 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds, 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds and 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds. Worked out great nice recipe. A definate keeper! Thanks
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, raw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup craisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Warm honey in microwave, mix in oil and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spread evenly on 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Bake at 300* for 30 minutes, stir every 10 minutes.
- Spread on trays and cool.
- Mix in 1 cup raisins and 1 cup craisins if desired.
- Store in airtight container.