Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My girlfriend Stephanie from British Columbia's Sunshine Coast gave this recipe to me. I'm posting it here so I can get the carb count for my diabetic son. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Warm honey in microwave, mix in oil and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spread evenly on 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Bake at 300* for 30 minutes, stir every 10 minutes.
- Spread on trays and cool.
- Mix in 1 cup raisins and 1 cup craisins if desired.
- Store in airtight container.
I had no sunflower oil and subbed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I also added 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds, 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds and 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds. Worked out great nice recipe. A definate keeper! Thanks
Just personal preference: I subbed 3/4 c. honey and 1/4 c. maple syrup, with 1/2 c. oil. This was more than enough oil; may try a little less next time. Delicious recipe--thank you for sharing!