Recipe by Sharon123
Start the day off with the best-granola, bran, wheat germ, raisins, bananas, and yogurt! Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal (or granola cereal)
- 1⁄4 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (or walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- siced strawberry (or other fresh fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cereals, wheat germ, 3 teaspoons of the sunflower seeds, and the nuts and raisins in a medium size bowl. Stir well to mix, and fold in the yogurt.
- Divide the cereal between two bowls, and top with the banana slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with the honey, and top with the remaining 1 teaspoons sunflower seeds. Add sliced strawberries on top if desired. Enjoy!