Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These brownies may be cut to any size and will not crumble in your pocket. They also freeze well.
- 1 lb calf liver or 1 lb pork liver
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Puree all of the above in a food processor.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil which has been oiled.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Press flat and even.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Brownies are done when the pink is gone.
- Do not over bake or the brownies will crumble.
- Recipe may be doubled.
- You can also use fresh garlic instead of the garlic powder, and/or add parsley flakes for color.
It's not just for canines anymore! I made these for my dogs, but being a liver lover, I just couldn't resist the smell. Makes great trail food for those of us who spend days in the bush.
Three out of three dogs say thank you, RecipeNut. They love this stuff! I have to say it was an act of love to make this. It looks and smells WAY too much like liver. I baked this in a 9"x13" baking sheet and left out garlic of any kind. I've found mixed opinions on how and when it's toxic to dogs, so I'm taking no chances. They really do look like brownies, but no crumbs. And, as I said, my three pooches were putty in my hands.