1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup milk, warm (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (=4T or 1/2 stick)
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoons yeast
- 1Start the dough:.
- 2Put all ingredients in order into bread machine pan. Use Basic cycle. Set a timer for 30 minutes; the machine should be resting then (or soon). I do this because the dough cycle just doesn't work out for me, ever. This does.
- 3Make the filling:.
- 4Put the 1 T of butter and 1 T of honey into a pyrex mixing bowl, microwave until the butter is melted.
- 5Add the powdered sugar, stir with a fork.
- 6Add the flour, stir with fork until smooth.
- 7Turn out onto cutting board, shape into a rectangle, chill.
- 8Relax until the bread machine is ready.
- 9Make the buns:.
- 10Spray a 9x13 pyrex with Pam.
- 11Remove the filling from fridge, cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll them into small balls. (Don't be perfect.).
- 12Dump the dough onto a floured cutting board. Divide into 12 pieces.
- 13Shape one piece at a time, putting a piece of filling inside. Twist bottoms to seal. Set in pyrex.
- 14Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 15Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 16When the buns have risen enough, bake for about 16 minutes.
- 17Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then onto cooling rack.
- 18Best if served warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g