Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
The filling and name are taken from "Chinese Snacks" by Huang Su-Huei; the dough is half of Buttery Bread Machine Rolls, "Buttery bread machine rolls." Prep time includes rising time; estimated 10 minutes to shape rolls. Bake time includes 10 minutes of cooling afterward.
- Start the dough:.
- Put all ingredients in order into bread machine pan. Use Basic cycle. Set a timer for 30 minutes; the machine should be resting then (or soon). I do this because the dough cycle just doesn't work out for me, ever. This does.
- Make the filling:.
- Put the 1 T of butter and 1 T of honey into a pyrex mixing bowl, microwave until the butter is melted.
- Add the powdered sugar, stir with a fork.
- Add the flour, stir with fork until smooth.
- Turn out onto cutting board, shape into a rectangle, chill.
- Relax until the bread machine is ready.
- Make the buns:.
- Spray a 9x13 pyrex with Pam.
- Remove the filling from fridge, cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll them into small balls. (Don't be perfect.).
- Dump the dough onto a floured cutting board. Divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape one piece at a time, putting a piece of filling inside. Twist bottoms to seal. Set in pyrex.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the buns have risen enough, bake for about 16 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then onto cooling rack.
- Best if served warm.