An old favorite, posted for safekeeping. This is basically an orange version of chocolate chip cookies baked in a pan and cut into squares. It can also be baked as drop cookies (see note below).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- 3Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and orange extract; mix well.
- 4Combine dry ingredients; stir.
- 5Add dry ingredients to batter a little at a time, mixing to incorporate.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and rind.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes) until golden brown.
- 9Cut into bars while still warm.
- 11Can double recipe and bake in a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 12Can bake as drop cookies: chill dough, place rounds on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten each cookie slightly, bake at 375 degrees about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Bars (Orange Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 127.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g