Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An old favorite, posted for safekeeping. This is basically an orange version of chocolate chip cookies baked in a pan and cut into squares. It can also be baked as drop cookies (see note below).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and orange extract; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir.
- Add dry ingredients to batter a little at a time, mixing to incorporate.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and rind.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes) until golden brown.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
- Can double recipe and bake in a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Can bake as drop cookies: chill dough, place rounds on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten each cookie slightly, bake at 375 degrees about 10 minutes.