Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
All the ingredients are on hand to make this nice dessert.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cream margarine, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks, water and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Spread dough in 9x13 pan and cover with chocolate chips, pressing them into the dough.
- Whip 2 egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Gradually add 1 cup brown sugar and beat well.
- Spread over chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.