From the magazine's August 2007 edition: "'It's like a grown-up's milkshake,' says Valerie. A cookie or two on the side are nice." Nutrition facts: 266 cal, 135 fat cal, 4.6g protein, 15g fat, 9g sat fat, 31g carb, 0g fiber, 106mg sodium, 58mg chol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1892.5 ml vanilla ice cream (enough for 8 scoops)
- 236.59 ml espresso, brewed strongly, at room temp (or hot)
- 1Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each of 8 small bowls and put bowls in freezer for at least 1 hour and up to 6.
- 2When ready to serve, put each bowl of ice cream on a small dinner plate and set a shot glass next to it. Fill glasses with espresso, dividing evenly, for each guest to pour onto ice cream.
- 3Notes: So that the espresso would prettily coat the ice cream for the photo, Valerie cooled it to room temperature before pouring it over the rock-hard ice cream. Serve it that way, if you like, or the traditional Italian way--hot, which turns the ice cream into an instant float. You'll need 8 shot glasses for this recipe.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunset's Vanilla Ice Cream "drowned" in Espresso (Affo
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g