Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the magazine's August 2007 edition: "'It's like a grown-up's milkshake,' says Valerie. A cookie or two on the side are nice." Nutrition facts: 266 cal, 135 fat cal, 4.6g protein, 15g fat, 9g sat fat, 31g carb, 0g fiber, 106mg sodium, 58mg chol.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (enough for 8 scoops)
- 1 cup espresso, brewed strongly, at room temp (or hot)
- Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each of 8 small bowls and put bowls in freezer for at least 1 hour and up to 6.
- When ready to serve, put each bowl of ice cream on a small dinner plate and set a shot glass next to it. Fill glasses with espresso, dividing evenly, for each guest to pour onto ice cream.
- Notes: So that the espresso would prettily coat the ice cream for the photo, Valerie cooled it to room temperature before pouring it over the rock-hard ice cream. Serve it that way, if you like, or the traditional Italian way--hot, which turns the ice cream into an instant float. You'll need 8 shot glasses for this recipe.
This was great!! We used Maple Walnut ice cream. It was so simple, so elegant and SO tasty!! The possibilities are endless!