Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a vegetarian magazine website. Haven't tried it yet, but looks good! Mashed sweet potatoes keep these biscuits tender and low in fat, plus eliminate the need for eggs or dairy. For a more elegant look, roll out the dough and cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Will take longer to make if you have to cook your sweet potatoes.
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (2 small baked sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, oil, syrup, vinegar, and salt in large bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Cut dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture with fork until mixture comes together. Stir in 2 to 3 Tbs. water, or enough to get dough to hold together.
- Drop golf ball–size rounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm.