Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sangria is a snap to prepare, taking only about 5 to 10 minutes. Prepare it in the morning so it has several hours to develop all the fruity flavors. Recipe by Rachael Ray.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons spiced dark rum
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (or other orange liqueur)
- 1 navel orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 ripe plums, cut into wedges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 750 ml red wine (try to use Rioja red wine)
- sparkling soda water (for topping off sangria at the table)
- Combine sugar, rum, orange liqueur, fruits and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Cover with 1 bottle of the Rioja wine and chill sangria for several hours.
- To serve, spoon fruits into glasses. Pour in the sangria and top off with a splash of soda water.
Used Grand Marnier for the orange liqueur. Made this for my tapas party and the guests enjoyed it but it wasn't a favorite of mine.